Saturday, December 29, 2012

Please Rate Your Satisfaction.




Consumers rate third-party retailers on Amazon based on shipping speed and product quality.  Outdoor enthusiasts rate the weight and adjustability of the latest trekking poles.  Coffee addicts rate the latest local roast, the newest espresso machine and their favorite drug dealer.

People today--in this tech-savvy, consumer oriented postmodern world--want something that works.  We want the best product, and rightly so.  Who can blame their neighbor, who is about to backpack the alps, for checking the reviews on trekking poles?  Seems like wisdom to me.  And why not with their choice of World-View?  Don't people want the view of the world that will provide the greatest satisfaction and contentment with life?  Amazon asks, "Were you satisfied with your product?"  and the evangelist asks, "Are you satisfied with your worldview?"

I bought a Contigo coffee mug at Costco recently.  It doesn't leak, it keeps my coffee toasty hot, and it doesn't affect the flavor of my favorite roast.  You should buy one.


We, as humans, naturally tell people about the things we're satisfied with.  We want to share our blessings.  That's why I write this blog.  I'm trying--like I did with the Contigo mug just now--to tell people about the best view of the world, the best, most beautifully satisfying, life.  My primary purpose on this planet is to love its inhabitants in the best possible way and to seek justice for the oppressed.  God is most revealed and honored in my life when I am most satisfied in who He is, and in who he's created me to be.  I have no regrets.  At all.

And you?  Can you rate your view of the world on a 1-10 scale?  Are you content?  Would you recommend your worldview to your friends because of how unceasingly satisfied you are with your life?  If not, why not do some research?  We do it with running shoes, why not with that which decides our internal--and external--peace?

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment